Equipment previously used, for newer page visit here
Where does this equipment come from ???
Astro-Physics 900 GTO mount
This prodigious mount is an investment that I will never regret. Its tracking and pointing accuracies are at the higher level.
Its low and ultra smooth periodic error allows troublefree long autoguiding times, which is very useful for narrowband imaging.
The mount is fitted on a Losmandy G11 tripod using a specific interface. It allows easy levelling on eneven terrains.
Astro-Physics 155 f7 StarFire EDF refractor
This fine instrument perfectly fits my needs.
Not sensitive to poor seeing conditions, moderate
f /ratio, extreme image sharpness, lightweight, perfect and reliable mechanical quality, simple and efficient accessories make it a versatile and quickly operationnal scope.
The refractor is used for deep sky imaging in various configurations:
- at f 7.3 with the field flattener.
- at f 5.25 with the 27TVPH photovisual telecompressor.
- at f 5.3 with the 155TCC telecompressor corrector for large chips.
The CCD caméras
I am currently using a SBIG ST10 XME camera with a CFW9 filter wheel, and Baader L, Ha 7nm, SII 8nm, OIII 8,5nm filters and a Custom Scientific Ha 10nm filter.
The visual and photographic accessories
After a lot of practice, I greatly reduced my range of accessories.
- one Astro-Physics Maxbright diagonal.
- one Astro-Physics photovisual Barcon.
- a few eyepieces.
- one guiding eyepiece.
- some filters for deep sky and planetary work.
For imaging, I also use:
- a field flattener for the refractor.
- two different telecompressors.
- a Baader FFC.
- various adapters for 35mm, 42mm, webcam, CCD imaging...
- one tele-extender.
- various T rings.
The Dell XPS M1710 is a powerful, reliable laptop, that fits well my imaging needs. It handles very well humidity and cold nights temperatures.
The main processing computer is a Dell Vostro 200 desktop.
Texte et images non utilisables sans demande préalable